Monday, June 26, 2006

Lesson: Patience. 

Ever have a time when you can just tell God is trying to "mold" you? Test you? Grow you? Sure, I think He does this all throughout or lifetimes, but sometimes I can really TELL when it's happening. Take last friday/saturday. 


Test 1: Go to Walmart. Decide not to do a layaway, so I need to get my deposit back. Total= $2.90. All the Customer Service Manager people seem to have disappeared. I hoped it wasn't the CSM rapture. Time spent in layaway = 25 min. Woah.. almost a dime per min. The cashier girl tells me that they should have paid me for waiting that long for so little...  I smiled. Good thing it's friday. No worries. 

Test 2: Saturday morning. Going to see Jenn. Need to work some stuff out at the bank before she flees the country. already running a bit behind schedule because had a zillion house chores and was trying to fit too much on my plate. Heavy computer for Jenn's brother in my arms I walk out to my car-- scheduled to arrive at my local right on time, when I see that I have a flat tire. Great. Thank goodness for brothers who are helpful. I can't believe those donut tires actually HOLD the car up! seriously it looked like a bike tire. craziness. Now im late. Now I have to drive 50 mph. Now people are "wooshing" by me and giving me dirty looks. Now I feel like I am crawling like a turtle. I probably could have ridden my bike faster than this! hmmm.... ok God.. WHAT do you want me to learn.. yeah. patience. I get it. 

Did I learn my lesson for the week? maybe... and maybe it will be an ongoing process.... we will see...

Tonight I'm baby-sitting three kids... could there possibly be a Test 3 on the way... hmmmmmmmmm. 




"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:11-12

No comments: