Tuesday, June 27, 2006

DUB-lishious

I never quite know what to expect when I go to work each day... and so I guess today was no exception. Around noon 2 huge semis pulled into the parking lot and started setting up "shop".
It was a bunch of cars from one of the magazines-- DUB-- that we advertise in monthly. Needless to say, it is one of the more ghetto/bling mags... so the spred of cars was only expected...
It was amusing because some of the sales guys that were walking around in front of me checking out the cars were appalled at the size of the wheels... muttering under their breaths you could hear them say stuff like -- "no wonder they had to drive these things in on trailers-- with wheels this size they would be horrible to actually drive!" I guess sometimes you have to sacrifice things like comfort and SAFETY to look cool ;-/ hmmm...
They even had 30 inch rims... the above pic is a "normal" wheel and a 30 inch wheel for a Hummer... to put it in perspective.... that thing was HALF my size!Yeah... I think they wanted me to be the next DUB model or something... :)

They even gave me a shirt and some ipod accessories! (um, I didn't tell them that I don't even OWN an ipod... yet) And yeah... the shirt was kinda small... but I guess models are used to that huh??


Just another day at work....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness! Those rims are huge! Well it sounds like you had a fun day at work! Catch you later!

Jeanna said...

What the!?! The things people do for trends...ghetto fabulous not so fabulous!