soooo... I didn't think I would get to post at ALL this week, and perhaps after this I won't be able to.. but I'm standing here in a most BEAUTIFUL Apple Store, typing away on a BEAUTIFUL Mac... and my world is good.
Just a few highlights to share with you so far
*China Town in San Fran is about 3 times as big as the one in Chicago.. but after awhile all the stores feel the same... still.. a great place to get cheap cute gifts for your family.
* I met a REAL hippie tonight when I ventured to Height and Ashbery (the place where Jimmy Hendrix and other of their kind originated from) and dude.. you can totally buy bong pipes here!
* The hotel that I am staying at tonight is practically an art mueseum! Every room is painted a different theme, and there are works of art hanging all through the halls. It is AMAZING!
* It's been raining all day. My shoes are squishy.
* Public Transportation CAN be amazing...
* I saw 4 monks today.
* There are a lot of homeless people. I pray for them when I see them. They are so in need of a savior. I even saw a guy with this huge hole in the side of his face. Sometimes this world breaks my heart.
* I need to learn how to tell DIRECTIONS!!!
Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer so that I can go to Alcatraz Island and Fisherman's Warf. I think that would be amazing.
Ok... time is limited, and my feet hurt (and are still squishy from the rain) so I think this is all for now. I may or may not have more time later to post or maybe not. Hey, at least now I know where I can find free internet. sweeeeeeet!
(ps, sorry for bad spelling.. for some reason the spell check tool is missing on my tool bar... weird)
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Man do I hate squishy shoes!
Sounds like you are enjoying yourself and that your hotel isnt bad like it had the potential of being!
See you when you get back!
San Francisco! That's only 45 minutes from me! :(
Did you buy any dim sum at Chinatown?
Avoid the Castro and Tenderloin District.
I don't know what your schedule is, but you might also enjoy Musee Mechanique. It is a museum that holds old mechanical toys and viewfinders from the early 20th century. The museum is free, and you put quarters in the games you want to try out. It is located at Pier 45, which is in the same area as Pier 39. www.museemechanique.org (be sure to turn down your volume first)
Too bad the rain came.
Megan
Post a Comment