Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Jen is a slacker... or just really really busy right now

so... random site of the day (until I have some quality time to actually POST something deep... sorry.. I have been swamped at work since I have gotten back from Nashville... and equally busy when I get home helping the gang get ready to go back to school... but more "real" Jen stuff coming soon) yeah.. random site.. What Would Jesus Blog? um... all I can say is "yeeaaaaaaah....." Crunch on that for awhile.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

Jen, just noticed your itunes favorites over on the side. I too have been listening to "Move Along." I bought back in the summer, but I have just now been "really" listening to it. I love the All-American Rejects. And I have been really wanting to get "Illinois" to see if it lives up to the hype. My experience with Sufjan is very limited. I like what I've heard, but so far I'm thinking maybe he's a little overrated. I got the new Strokes album yesterday. So far I'm a bit disappointed.

Good choices on the others too.

Jonathan Anderstrom said...

Well I read through a lot of that "Jesus Blog". Not quite sure what to think of it. Part of me thinks it's a very interesting idea, while another, much larger, part of me thinks that it's just a bunch of high school kids using the name of Christ as enticement for others to read THEIR blog. Read through the parts about the movie reviews of 2005. Then tell me what you think.

Jeanna said...

I am kinda agreeing with Jon - It kinda of hit me as odd that the name of the blog didn't really coincide with the blog itself...a part of me makes it think it may give non-Christians the wrong idea. I haven't read through a lot of it yet but the little I did read made me think...but hey, I guess it is all about questioning things...

Jen said...

well.. I'm agreeing with both of you so far... as I commented Jon back on his site-- it seems to me whoever is behind it is throughing out more of his/her opinion and then just adding a bunch of "Jesus-isms" to it. I guess sometimes it is easy to stereotype our Savior even when many people don't even really know Him. I just had heard about it on the Relevant podcast and wanted to see what you all thought. Thanks for the input so far...