Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Homelessness

They are everywhere... on the street corners, in the alley-ways, sleeping on a hill in the park. I know there is homelessness in SB, but maybe I don't notice it as much because it isn't to the magnitude as it is here. There is even homelessness in other big cities like Chicago, but maybe the weather is a lot less of a pain, so most of them thing San Fran is a better place to be. I guess I just have been really struggling this week with the in your face problem of homelessness and the fact that I just feel so helpless against it. Questions just keep hitting me-- like what can I personally do to make a difference? How can I love like Jesus? I guess what is hard for me is the massiveness of the problem-- even if I WERE to give ever homeless guy a quarter I wouldn't have enough!! They would just keep coming.... so what do you do? It is hard to just walk buy.... *sigh* So many questions.... life just seems to be full of them.

Ok.. back to my conference... catch ya later!

1 comment:

Jonathan Anderstrom said...

Wait a minute!!! You were in San Fran and didn't tell me? Are you still up there? If so, let me know and I can meet up with you this weekend. I'll even drive up during the evening!

And yeah, that homelessness thing is sad. It's really pronounced in San Fran too.