Friday, November 25, 2005

Today in entertainment news...

A tribute to actor Pat Morita, whose portrayal of the wise and dry-witted Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid" earned him an Oscar nomination, died yesterday at age 73. As a kid I love the Karate Kid movies. This guy--who caught flies with chopsticks--was a part of what made those movies so memorable. *sigh* I guess it's time to pull out and dust off those old VHS taps and have a moment of silence...

And in other "death" related news...I just found out that this season will be the last for my dear Alias. We all knew it was coming, what with JJ Abrams hopping over to the now crazy popular Lost, but it is still sad (I know you might kindly disagree with me there Stephen, but that's ok, I forgive you.) It was always fun to see what crazy disguise/alias Jennifer Garner would be wearing next, or what kind of crazy missions they would go on. Ok, so the whole show was a little far-fetched, but that is prime-time TV for ya!. I'm happy to say that over the course of 5 years I managed to get my whole family addicted. *muwhahaha!* So... another one bites the dust.. but hey.. I get a whole hour of my life to do something more productive. Maybe I'll take up flossing. ;-)

2 comments:

Stephen Hinkel said...

It is a sad day that "Alias" is saying bye-bye but at least Jennifer Gardner is still cute - HA!

Jonathan Anderstrom said...

Poor Jenny G...(sniff) Why couldn't she have married a man like me? I wouldn't have impregnated her so soon! All of those precious years of Alias that we could have had! Why God?!? WHY HER??!! WHY NOW??!!!

**NOTICE: The above person has never seen, mimicked, or discussed the show Alias with any human being before today.