I'll fly away...
How many of you watched Peter Pan when you were a kid? I'd have to say one of my favorite parts of that movie was when the kids took off out their bedroom window to fly off to Neverland and there below was poor Nana the dog wondering what in the world was going on... *grin* ANYWAY... get to the point Jen... yesterday I had the chance to go flying with a co-worker of mine. Friday late in the afternoon he pops his head over my cubicle and says "whatcha doing tomorrow morning?!"
Me: "Um.. pretty much nothing"
Him: "Wanna go flying?"
Me: "You KNOW it!" (Yeah.. I'm always in when it comes to something adventurous... although I think just by looking at me you might never know) HA!
So early yesterday morning before all the wind kicked up we went up for a joy-ride in a little 4 seater plane. It was AWESOME! So much fun to see the earth from way up there... everything is just so pretty. Took about a 45 min triangle tour all the way up to Lake Michigan and back around... on the way back I even managed to spot my church... too bad it was on the other side or else I would have tried to get a pic for my dad. :-) I even got to try and fly the plane myself at one point (I could NOT keep that thing in a straight line to save myself!)
Near the end of our trip it started getting really windy & bouncy... and that is when things almost got disaterous as far as my stomach goes... I had a "just in case" bag, but I managed to keep all my guts where they belonged (I knew that if I would have had to use that bag I would have NEVER lived it down at work) and we made it down just fine. I even got to steer the plane around the runway! It was a great time and I am oh so grateful that my coworker offered the experience to me.
Yeah.. I thought this was going to be a boring lazy weekend.. boy was I wrong!









2 comments:
What a cool experience!
I bet there is a Bat-pole behind that Bat-door.
Post a Comment