Crash
I was halfway through watching the movie Crash when I thought I hated it. I hated it because it was showing me the raw truth. I hated it because it was uttering the sad ugly reality of life. I hated it because sometimes seeing the raw truth that is outside your little safe "bubble" of life hurts. But.. it is also good for you. Sometimes it is only when you are put in a place of discomfort that you actually decide to DO something.. change the way you think or live... basically ACT.
Crash is a movie that is woven together very well. I believe that in a movie there should be more than, actors, stages and visuals, and this moviedespitete being on veryey low budget--seems to have that more that I really enjoy in a good film. We are invited for two hours to peak into the lives of a variety of people. A Brentwood housewife and her DA husband. A Persian storeowner. Two police detectives. A black television director and his wife. A Mexican locksmith. Two car-jackers. A rookie cop. A middle-aged Korean couple. They all live in Los Angeles. In 36 hours, they will all collide in some form or another.
Sadly, crash includes every aspect in our life related to prejudice and racism. It questions us and bothers us that how true all of these things are. People are insulting other people without knowing him/her. We see small glimpses of each character but every character is complex, filled and personally.The story is what we will be and we were as fallen human beings. I find it very interesting that protagonists are people like us but the antagonist are humans like us.
"...I think we miss that sense of touch so much, that we crash into each other just so we can feel SOMETHING."
I agree with that statement made by one of the characters. I thinsometimeses when people fail to get a healthy amount of touch, they result to anything just to feel. They can resort to very twisted things-- like putting people down, hurting those that are closest to them, even resorting to violence, because their touch "gas tank" is completely on empty. It's sad, but it happens. Think of how low you feel at the end of a day or week without a hug?
Moving at the speed of life, we are bound to collide into each other.
Check out this movie. It iguaranteeded to make you think.
PS- Just so you know, this movie isn't for everyone. It's rated R for language and some nutity.


3 comments:
Hey, its Laura, I just wanted to say hi! Catch you later!!!
I have to agree that the first time I saw this movie I decided I hated it from the minute the first horrifying encounter happened...but as the movie progressed I realized it bothered me so much because it is real...yeah it came from a soundstage and they are just actors using a script, but the things occuring, are happening right now...
I recommend this movie to most adults I know...it's amazing how 2 hours of movie can make you seriously think about altering your course of life and actions...
I really like this movie. It has inspired many conversations and debates. I saw it in April when it was in theatres and I have watched several times on DVD now. I am still trying to decipher what the director's message is. Yes, he is saying that racism is bad, but do you think he believes there is any kind of hope?
Post a Comment