Sunday, November 27, 2005

Happy Turkey Day

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! There is so much to be thankful of in this life God has blessed us with... and a lot of times I think we come down with a case of the "complain about everything" syndrome that the world seems to think is the norm. I think it is good that we have a holiday that reminds us to be thankful, but I think we should be thankful more than just once a year... but rather at all times and in all things--especially if we are identifying ourselves with Christ.

“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)When we woke up friday morning still a bit weary from our whirlwind trip to Cincinnati we found out that we had a new "neighbor." Perched high in a tree in our neighbor's yard was a turkey. My dad said he must be singing- "I'm a survivor". ha! Happy Thanksgiving indeed.

1 comment:

Jonathan Anderstrom said...

I think you guys should chain that turkey to the tree, feed him every day, and fatten him up for next year!