Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Memo: Office Changes

We just hired this new guy at work. He seems pretty cool so far and I think he will do a great job. All this being said I am now the only chick web designer. If my boss Tammy wasn't a gal I think I could start feeling a bit overwhelmed. I guess in a way I should be used to it. In college I was one of the only gals in the IT department. I was like-- as one of my current co-workers likes to refer to me as-- the "dorky kid sister." (He always says that he means that in the nicest way, but I'm not sure)
So yeah. I guess there are some advantages of being the only girl... I just will have to discover what those are. I already sorta "stick out" here at work, but that's ok. I really don't mind. I drive an old car-- covered with flowers no less, my desk shuns the typical grey of the cubicle and bursts with color like a bag of skittles, I tend to error on the side of being too happy and friendly to others, and I just in general like to have fun at my job.

Anyway-- just getting used to some change around here... thought I would share. Who knows what other changes we have to look forward to in 2007? I guess we shall see.

Sincerely-


The Marketing "Princess"

3 comments:

Laura said...

You're so awesome Jen! I love how you described your area that it bursts like a bag of skittles! That's so awesome! Keep on, keepin' on! Love you girl!

Sony said...

Not that it's any consolation, but in my job, I'm the only GUY in the department. So I know how you feel in a not-at-all kinda way ('cos really, there are other guys at work, just not anywhere near me). They said it was just the girls for quite a while, and they're getting used to changes that I've brought.

So fear not... for change fosters understanding and teaches us coping skills. Gotta run.

-The Marketing "Prince"

(Like I told Andy --- you and I should start our firm one day)

Jeanna said...

I love your use of words! You could be a writer too!!

Love the desk by the way...its so you! I love that you are always you, no matter what!

Miss you and love you!