Thursday, February 01, 2007

And She's Back.

Hey everybody. I know, it's been awhile. A looooong while, especially for me. I'll be the first to admit it-- I'm a lousy blogger. I just don't have the disipline. I guess I could have just put up random nothingness for the past two months, but honestly, I didn't want to. There were many times when I would think- hmm, I should blog about that, but then I wouldn't, and soon it almost felt like too much time had gone by. There have been times though, when I've missed it. Missed sharing life with with you, missed sharing adventures I've experienced and places I've been. Life is an incredible journey, and even though I haven't been on here the past few weeks time hasn't just stopped, but it's continued to rush on at a breathless speed. Thoughts have been thought, people have come and gone, moments in time have been captured. And I've just been living in those moments. But I haven't blogged. I was stuck. Name an excuse, I had it. No time, nothing to write about, my life is too boring, people don't want to know THAT, work is too stressful. Yup-- all that and more. But here I am.

So, why the sudden return? Well, a few reasons actually. One, I've missed sharing life with you. The people that read this blog are important to me, and many of them I don't get to connect with on a day to day basis-- so this is my small chance (although, I would prefer to catch up with you face to face, or ear to ear-- over the phone... all this "one sided" conversation just doesn't measure up to true community) to catch you up with what is going on with me, or even just share with you some of my thoughts-however random they might be.

I've never been one to keep a journal regularly but I do enjoy having something to look back on and realize how far I've come, or what has changed. That being said though, I don't want this blog to be a daily "dear diary" like I've seen some blogs turn into where you have no idea why you are reading it. Sure, there will be some days where I will just post random websites I have found, or things that interest me (in the past I've tried to save those things for wednesday... so they could aptly be titled "wacky wednesday" pieces) but most of my posts will be more geared towards this journey of life. I might try and do more "think" pieces. This brings me to the second reason for my return-- my boy.

My guy is a writer- and an amazingly good one at that I would say. This month he and a few other fine folk are doing a writing "challenge." They make their own personal writing goals for the month-- and everyone else that joins becomes their support and accountability. I wasn't really sure that I even wanted to participate when he asked me, but I realized I could use the chance to start blogging again, and it would give me a good reason not to slack off, so here I am. To add to the challenge, over this month I am going to try and work on a few "essays" and perhaps post one or two when I am done. It's going to be a stretch for me personally, but I am excited to see what I can come up with. It's been awhile now since I've really written something lengthy-- more than just an email, or a blog, so it should be interesting. I'll keep you posted.

Phew! I fear I am bogging you all down already! or maybe I'm "blogging" you all down?! ha. hmmm. yeah. This is why I keep my day job...

The next few posts will most likely be a recap of what's been going on over the past two months and what is new with me. Keep it light to start you off. From there, you just never know. It's an adventure...


“Security is an illusion. Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all.”


No comments: