The Sound of Silence
So, I've decided that I am very consistent at this whole blogging thing.... consistent at being INCONSISTENT! *sigh* I really DO love to blog about life and random things, but when it comes right down to doing it, sometimes it just becomes a pain... especially when all I do all day is stare at my computer screen. Most of the time I try to do it (blog) during my lunch break at work, or in the evenings when I jump on the computer for a few brief minutes to check my email, but the last two weeks both of these "normal" times seem to have eluded me.... and then weekends, when I will try to frantically catch up on things, well, i have been "road-trippin" it. Basically, LIVING life has pushed out my blog life... and it's been ok. Still though, when that happens I feel like I don't stay near enough connected with those of you who manage to live your OWN lives vicariously through other peoples blogs... muwahahaha. (j/k) so. Once again, I'm back. And as usual, I will give you a little photo recap of the last two MIA weeks...
Weekend 1- (May 13-14)
Week of May 15-16
Speaking of "new guys" --
This is my new friend Andy. We meet up a few weeks ago at Jeff and Shellie's house (the youth pastor and his wife at my church). We've been hanging out these past few weeks and he's been introducing me to a ton of new people/friends. What a serious blessing it has been to meet other Christian twenty-somethings in my area. Skipping ahead of my timeline here-- we had this sweet Memorial Day get together this weekend at his sisters house that was a lot of fun. Yeah... friendships with new people really get me excited.
Weekend of May 20-21st


The insanity continued at work. From throwing together lots of emails (promotional, upcoming special Father's Day one, 
Week of May 26-28
Saturday- Party with new friends. Ok, so this weekend has been SLAMMED with heat... hello, where is the gradual increase?! Oh wait.. this is Indiana... that never happens. :-p
Sunday- go and drop off dad and grandpa at the airport so they can leave for a two week tour to Israel. Yes, I am jealous.
We try to go to Willow Creek, but my dear triple-major brother googled the WRONG Willow Creek, and we end up at some church in the middle of nowhere (um, I THOUGHT it was supposed to be bigger than this dan?!) so we decided to go to the Ikea store. oh my. I've never been there before, so i was just a LITTLE excited...
If you've never been there GO... like, yesterday. It is an experience. Too many fun things to list... but I did by some cool new lamps, a PINK toilet bowl brush and a squeegee for my car windows. (99 cents baby!) and then Dan and I discovered the best thing of all.... the 99 cent breakfast!! We were cruising the merchandise when all of a sudden we look up and see the huge wall sign calling our name. Sure we had already had breakfast earlier that morning (ok, so it was like 7am, and Chitown is and hour behind us) but who could resist THAT kind of a deal?!
And all of their random sign-age stuff amused me. (click to enlarge)
Fun times for sure.
Moday--Memorial Day
Can we say -- WOOHOO no work?!?! ;-) Got up early though and did ultimate Tae-bo with my man Billy. Can't hardly walk today from all the squat action going on! Then it was off to Shipshawana for the amazing flea market! (woohoo Amish people!) We bargained and we "baked" (in the sun) and good times were had by all. I picked up some sweet "artsy" jewelry... and some other fun cheap things. Then later that night I enjoyed a fun picnic and took in the latest XMen.
Very interesting movie. I'm not sure if I liked it quite as much as the other two, but it still was good. Wonderful CGI grapics and it was fun to see a lot of stuff shot in San Fran where I was only a couple of months ago.
Phewwwww.... you made it through my craziness. Congrats! And just think.. that was JUST the highlights... ;-) After doing all this it really makes me WANT to keep up on this whole thing... so yeah, we will see. All I can say at this point is thank GOD for 4-day work-weeks! I'm out. Have a wonderful day people! Yeah.. I HAVE missed you.


2 comments:
Jenn!! Thanks for posting our pictures and blogging about our wedding day...it was so precious to read about it from another's point of view. It was ssooo great to see you, although I'm sorry we didn't get more of a chance to sit and talk :( I love you lots and miss you!
I hate that I missed out on Chuck and Sarah's wedding. Sounds wonderful! Way to represent the FFI peeps though!
Post a Comment