Monday, December 04, 2006

Wisconsin Welcomes You- Weekend Wedding Words

So this weekend was pretty much awesome. And now that it's all said and done, I pretty much need another weekend to re-coup from this weekend. It was just that good.

Went up to Wisconsin with the boy and his family for a wedding. Was a bit nervous looking at the radar friday afternoon...
Yeah, it looked all white... and we were pretty much driving right through it. Heard lots of stories on the news all morning how O'hare had hundreds of flights cancelled and how people were stocking up for the worst. I even had a friend who works in downtown Chicago tell me he saw lighting while it was snowing! (um, personally, I think that is pretty SWEET if you ask me!) So we took off early... and God was good. It wasn't nearly as bad as the reports said. We made amazing time and most people stayed off the roads-- either because they were scared, or they had already done most of their traveling the weekend before for thanksgiving.

We stayed in a pretty swank hotel friday night with the boy's whole fam. A few hotel highlights:

  • the delicious complimentary breakfast the next morning with made-to-order omelets and pancakes (I had banana pancakes just like the Jack Johnson song) from the hotel chefs (gotta love the little white hats)
  • the after breakfast swim/hot tub lounge
  • the spotting of an "angelic cherub" in the lobby (yes peter, we might have thought you were a girl at first with that blond, flowing mane of curly hair, but secretly we were all a bit jealous)
  • the floating head on floor 4 (don't ask me for details...I have no clue)
  • the "comfortable" hotel couch-- yes, I most definitely had it made.

Good times.
The wedding was on saturday afternoon. My guy was the best man-- and boy was he stylin' in his tux and bow-tie (maybe he was secretly auditioning for the role of a pop-corn vendor at a theater) The colors for the wedding were red and black, so I fit right in with my new dress. It was great to meet his boy-hood friend and just see how God blesses people and puts them together. Ah weddings.... they make me happy. After the wedding it was off to do more road-tripping. We criss-crossed the state of Wisconsin a few times stopping to visit the relatives along the way... an uncle, a grandma.... and it was fun seeing how different and alike people are to their relatives. You learn and observe a lot about people, and I always tend to enjoy these times.

Anyway... that was my weekend in a small nutshell. How was yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny; my weekend was pretty similar actually. Tee hee.

I can't even express how much I adored sweet little angelic Peter (why didn't we get a picture??) in his khakis and argyle cardigan sweater. Yummy, I could just eat him up!

And it was a FAKE head on floor 4. (Why do I have to specify fake? If it was floating, I sure hope it was FAKE!).