Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Power of Nature

Can I just tell you how much I love storms? Yeah, ok, sometimes they can be a little scary and intense, and sometimes they can do a lot of damage, to structures and people, but they are just sooo awesome! I love to hear the rain patter against the roof and my window, and hear the rumble of the thunder... and the streaks of lightning really are God's natural fireworks show (and since I happen to love fireworks, it's pretty sweet) We've had a slew of big storms around here it seem lately... and it's been reminding me a lot of God's Awesome and Mighty Power. Nature is something that is totally beyond us and out of our hands, but it always seems to give me a little deeper glimpse into the Character and Nature of my heavenly father. Whether it's the power and intensity of a storm, the gentle billowing of huge cumulous clouds on a sunny day, or the glorious water-color painted setting of the sun... little sparkling of God's character are everywhere. And boy is He ever the master artist as well.


The times in my life where I have felt the "closest" and most intimate with my heavenly father always seem to take place in moments where I am just immersed in His nature. Whether it was when I was high upon a mountain peak in Colorado last summer, or just driving to work in the wee hours of the morning and seeing the gold of the sun come up and spotting a rainbow-- I always find myself lost in awe and wonder at how great my God is.

Anyway, just some thoughts running through my head tonight as the rain is pouring down.... *happy sigh*

3 comments:

Laura said...

Great post! I completely agree...I'm all about being in nature, and finding God. Colorado was an amazing experience for me, but I love the moments that I have even back home, and here in KC. Hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

you were high in Colorado??!!

(i'm such a smarty pants...)

Sony said...

What a fantastic post to introduce me to your blog, Jen. I was at Jennifer's myspace and saw you posted about your blog and had to check it out.

It's great by the way. If envy weren't a bad trait, I'd be WAY jealous of your title header up there... very creative.

Anyhow... looking forward to reading more. Tell Andy that "j.b." says hi (and call him "a.j." when you do). :)

Later.