Wednesday, April 19, 2006

sweetness

Do you ever have something that bugs you--like a little pebble in your shoe--but it's not that big of deal, and it's not like you can actually DO anything about it yourself? Especially when it's more of a silly little thing and more of an irk?

My "pebble" of sorts was that as big as gcc was, you couldn't download their messages for free-- and I am SO about that-- not just because I am a big cheap-skate (yes, *sigh* it is TRUE) but because there are just sometimes when I can think of a lot of friends of mine that could really use a certian message in their lives... and I want to share so badly-- or times when I miss out on the weekend service because I am out of town. Ok. this is not a complaint worth getting all bent out of shape over-- just my pebble.

I try to be a doer in life(there are enough complainers in the world that just complain about issues and not try to find out the reasoning behind the issue, or try and find a better solution) -- so I tried to go right to the source and emailed Tony Morgon. What a nice guy. He got right back to me and told me to be patient- a good answer was coming soon. (note- stephen, I think you were right about some of the reasoning behind the "why" they haven't done this yet)

I was patient- and he was right.. the good answer came. As of this past weekend- you can now watch the service via streaming video AND download the weekly mp3 of the message at www.gccwired.com. And I guess a podcast will soon be availible. To read more about this visit Tony's blog or Jason Powell's blog (this one is a bit more "geeky")

I will be excited to see how many more people can be reached for Christ through this! A giant army of light taking steps towards Christ together.

All I can say is sweetness.... :)

No comments: