Tuesday, April 18, 2006

24... no, not the show

Last sunday (not easter, but the one prior) I turned 24. This whole past week life has been a little bit "off". Now I'm not saying it's because I'm another year older, but it just seems to be a weird coincidence. It was a weird birthday (thanks by the way to everyone who gave me cards or gifts... they were VERY much appreciated!) My family was out of town, and so I pretty much spent the day alone... pondering life and my years... and wondering where the next 24 will take me. I'm in a total transitionary faze right now, and it's an unsettling, exciting, overwhelming, challenging, place. Sometimes it feels like my whole corse of life could change in an instant, and sometimes that is scary, but it also pushes me closer to God, because ultimately He is the only one I can securely depend upon.

I got the new Passion CD for my birthday and there is this song on there that summarizes my thoughts and feelings right now...


You Never Let Go (Even Though I Walk)
~Matt Redman, Beth Redman

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I'm caught
in the middle of the storms of this life,
I won't turn back, I know You are near.

And I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me.
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go,
In every high and every low
O no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me.

You keep on running and you never let go
Singing Lord You never let go of me

And I can see a light
that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare.
And there will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes,
We'll live to know You here on the earth.

Yes, I can see a light that is coming
for the heart that holds on,
And there will be an end to these troubles,
but until that day comes,
Still I will praise You,
still I will praise You.

Sure, it's been an awkward week-- working like crazy, finding out that my best friend is moving to Argentina (I am so excited for her, yet sad that she will not be here), trying to help friends that are struggling with their own life problems, spending most of the easter weekend sick with a terrible cold (thanks my dear sister for bringing that home with you! ha!), spending a whole day just being a bum and watching the first season of "Arrested Development" with my brother (ok.. so that was awkward AND fun!! haha) and yeah... If this week is any indication, this could be a year full of change and new things... but I know that God will never let go of me-- "Through the calm and through the storm"-- and I will continue to praise His name.

2 comments:

Mrs. Cournia said...

Jen, I'm so sorry that you had a weird birthday...but it seems you're handling it with your characteristic optimism, eyes still on the Lord.

Good for you, girl...and happy way-late birthday. I love and miss you!

Brandon said...

Well, happy belated Birthday!

If you're next 24 is anything like Jack Bauer's, then it is sure to be filled with lots of crazy twists and duplicitous acquaintances.

"Arrested Development" is so awesome! I miss it so much. Sounds like a great way to spend a day.