NCCA what?!
I have to share something funny with you. well, at least from my standpoint it's funny. At work we did an informal NCCA tournament bracket for March Madness. People were all into it, even though it wasn't in our case for money or whatever-- more office "bragging rights." Anyway, I got roped into doing it. Last year I had NO idea what I was doing and only ended up picking for the first round. Needless to say, I pretty much lost. ha. This year I still had no idea what I was doing (how often do I ever watch college bb?! um, pretty much never.. unless it's with friends, and even then... *sigh*)
I didn't really have a "strategy" for my pics.... some of them were based on rank numbers, some of them based on the colors of their team mascot... some of them were even based on where they were located! (I have to say I gave extra props to teams from Indiana or Washington state.. or anywhere cool that I had "vacationed") one or two of them were just based on their team names. Hey- I was just happy that this time I managed to pick out teams all the way throughout the tournament this year! ;-) And as far as my little screen name... I figured who doesn't like a good hotdog at a sporting event?! lol.
I guess everyone who actually KNEW what was going on this year was dissapointed... I heard somewhere that on espn.com they had 1.5 million people sign up for their fantasy games and only FOUR people picked the correct final 4. I wasn't sad at all. I think it was maybe because I had no expectations. I'm more excited that out of all the people at work I managed to rank number 2. Only one point away from grabbing the top rank away from the guy who's life seems to be college sports. It totally makes me smile. A girl with a flowered car... who likes art, randomeness and a little fun.
Take that you jocks!


2 comments:
Way to go! Kick some butt! (please just don't kick mine!)
Thats awesome I joined a bracket on facebook . .
Overall Rank: 394921/582518
School Rank: 3235/4177
So pretty much all I can say is, I didn't come in last!! Woo Hoo!
Post a Comment