Happy *Sigh*
It's snowing... and it's a payday...almost the weekend... going to Chicago tomorrow... and I get snacks by my desk.. and get Chinese food for lunch... and yeah... God is good-- life is good.
It's been over a year and a half now that I've been done with college, but sometimes I still feel like I'm stuck in the "college" mind set-- eat whatever you want, stay up as late as you want, do as you please whenever you choose, laze around in your pj pants.... *sigh* It's been changing though and the signs are everywhere. Maybe it's the fact that in a few months I will be turning yet another year older, or perhaps it's the fact that I get tired now at 9:30 pm-even on the weekends, or maybe the sign was when my favorite pants started to squish me(I guess no more mid-night pizza runs for me!), or when the job called for professional dress-ware. Growing up is weird.
And my job is officially awesome. It's been just over a year since I started working here as a web-designer and I never in a million years saw it coming. Me, work with stuff on cars?! ha! I thought it may get boring after awhile, and who knows, maybe eventually it will, but I find that there is something new to do everyday. I am the official email "queen" and I get to make all the emails that go to the consumers who sign up to recieve them. (which I just found out is about 10,000 people! wowzers! That number just boggles my brain) I also get to do ads for AOL, MSN and other sites that advertise with us. It's really fun because they are always introducing some new campaign or promotion.
I just found out something amazing though. I get to go on a BUSINESS TRIP!! aaaaaaah! And it's actually a COOL one! Yes folks... this officially means I am a business gal! One more link on the adult ladder. I guess it's just funny to me because I don't think of myself as a business woman. Come on! I drive a flower car, wear retro clothes, and like to watch home star runner. Anyway, at the end of January me and another web designer get to go to a web design convention... in SAN FRANSISCO!! oh my. it's just too exciting for me to handle. It's just crazy to me that I have a real job, that pays real money (not the Monopoly stuff), that I went to school for this. Amazing. So yeah. 3 days in California. Paid for by my job. Going to a conference that actually sounds like it will be fun & interesting. wow... I am in awe. Maybe this grown up thing isn't going to be quite as bad as I thought...


3 comments:
Wow, Jen. You are such a grown-up.
Jen!
Do you think you can come visit? That would be fun.
Chinese food - reminds me of that cheap place in Colorado Springs that you took a picture of.
Post a Comment