Tuesday, December 06, 2005

How do you show the love of Christ to someone who drives you absolutely crazy??

I guess I have this situation. Ha-- I guess life itself is a "situation" sometimes. Anyway-- last year I meet "Jill". Now Jill is a fun person and seems nice, and I'm always open to meeting new friends and people. I've been over to hang at her place a few times now and suddenly I feel like I am being "leached." You know-- when the person calls you all the time, won't leave you alone? It just sort of sucks the life out. And now when she calls I just want to hide.
I don't want to be mean. I want to be Christlike. but. i don't know how. I am bad at setting boundaries with people sometimes because I don't want to hurt them. Have any of you been in situations like this? What did you do?

p.s.-don't worry neveaH peeps... this isn't about any of you ;-) I would be much more OBVIOUS if it was! ha

4 comments:

Brandon said...

I am a fan of avoidance. And if you run into them somewhere, act like you have never met them before. Make a really weird face and say, "I have no idea who you are!"

Jeanna said...

I have run into the same situation before and to be perfectly honest, I never came up with a solution - I have a hard time figuring out how to love people like Christ wants us to but yet keep your own sanity...

If you figure it out, let me know....

Mrs. Cournia said...

I have 2 classmates who pose the exact situation to me (although they don't call -- but they try to talk to me during class, while the profesor is lecturing -- aaauuugh!) So, if I run into them I talk to them as briefly and nicely as possible, and then think of an excuse to end the conversation before I say or do something un-Christlike. I hope that helps...

Anonymous said...

i dont think when you run into her pretenting like you dont know her will work, but it would be kind funny? i have a friend that is kinda like that and i just try to let him know how i feel with out making him think that i'm a jurk
i hope she dosent read you blogger site!.........or maby?....No!

justin
www.myspace.com/greengrassriver