Jolly Green Giant?
Can I tell you a secret? I really like mowing the grass. Like, really. The hum of the mower... the swaying of the breeze throught the trees... the dizziness you get as you mow around those trees... the smell of freshly cut grass... the hour or so that you just get to mindlessly do something and rest your brain for awhile if you please, or think through stuff or pray... the exercise you get--err, or don't get if you are doing the riding mower-- and if that is the case, the fun you have riding that thing around like a go-cart gone wild. Ah, one of the joys of summer.


2 comments:
Jen, I'm so glad I found your blog through Woo's! I too enjoy mowing the lawn. I did it last weekend when I was still at home bored out of my mind. Freshly cut grass is one of my favorite smells ever. I liked it so much that I even did my grandma's lawn and all the grass around our barns too. After all that time though, my exposed knees (I was riding the mower) got really sunburned. I forgot to put SPF 45 on them. Stupid me! Anyway, suburn is the most painful thing in the world to me. All this week my knees have been itchy and burny and driving me crazy. Now all the skin is falling off my knees, so I can't wear shorts to my first day of school tomorrow because of my gross looking knees.
Anyway (I'm sure you wanted to know all of that), I am glad that I can now live your life vicariously through this blog.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one up early this morning to see TrueU.org on opening day.
Ew. At first I thought you had put costume gloves on your hands.
Poor Brandon. I remember when his book came in the mail and he walked out to the mailbox without shoes.
How is your sunburn? Has it finally gone away? I hope so.
Post a Comment