Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Shop Till I Drop

Monday night me and the guy hit the mall.

The Goal: To find a dress that fell somewhere between prom "hoochie" and "mom" style.

I wanted to be able to wear it to both my company Christmas party AND two winter weddings I have in the upcoming months. Man, was this a lot more difficult that I had anticipated! We tried last week. Five stores and nothing. So basically 5 and 0. We were definitely falling in the coaches poll this week.

I'm the type of shopper that likes to know what she is looking for ahead of time in most cases... that is, unless there is an unbelievable clearance sale (like the one at Old Navy a few weeks ago) and then I don't mind pawing through stuff to find super sweet deals. That actually gives me a bit of a rush. But pawing through racks only to have to pay top dollar. That actually makes me slightly ill.

The Diversion: We went to Macy's first. Not to actually buy anything, mind you, but more to check out the current style trends in fashion these days. I haven't boughten a dress since I graduated from college two years ago-- so I had no idea what was "cool" or even more importantly, what I liked! As we were wandering around the store we were stopped short by an amazing site--a wall full of... puppies!! err.. I mean, purses!! I mean... puppy purses?!? huh?! yes... it is true. And I took pictures to prove it.



I felt like I was in some alternate universe-- like L.A.-- where everyone seems to have a small little dog popping out of her handbag, but instead of real dogs someone had come up with an idea - "hey, let's just make them IN to purses!!" -- eliminate the middle-man! ummm... I didn't know whether or not to laugh at the absurdity or be horrified.

The Conclusion: I found a cute black w/red trim dress that I liked at JC Penny's and it was on sale to boot. And even better, it is a size I can actually fit in now thanks to healthy eating and exercise. (well, let's hope I can still fit into it after tomorrow! THANK YOU THANKSGIVING!!) I managed to beat out the crazy rush that will ensue the day after tomorrow around the Grape Road Mecca... and I even managed to have a little fun while I was at it-- and be grateful that I have a boyfriend who doesn't mind shopping with me every once in a while even though it has the potential to turn me into a complete maniac. yes. good times.

mission accomplished.


<--- check out my sweet action paint skills

2 comments:

Laura said...

yeah, i must say, that puppy purse thing is just plain crizazy! The sad thing is that I'm sure there are people who bought them...probably my sister...yikes!

Jeanna said...

Crazy puppy purse!

LOVE the dress! Looks so super cute!! I gotta see pictures of you in the dress with Andy later :)

Man you have some mad paint skills!