football. food. fun. yay for weekends.

Oh my what a fun weekend.
Friday evening I went to see a rising star in the acting world--my sister--perform a mellow drama. It was delightful. oh yay audience participation! We booed the villain and cheered for the hero. My girl was the honorable maid of the house. Such a thespian (not only on the stage, but at home as well-- haha)
Saturday was a cold one... but I thought in honor of the last ND home game we should at least attempt to venture over to campus. So we dawned our multiple layers (I think I had on at least 5) and sweated it over on our bikes. It's always fun to have the little sis in tow when you are hanging out with friends your age and older. Fortunately, she holds her own very well and I never feel burdened to have her along. Actually, I count it a privilege.
So, we had the last tailgate of the season, froze our little cheeks off (both sets of them) and had a lot of fun. We then had planned to venture back home, snuggle up with some warm hot chocolate and burro in for the long haul of football games (after all... the Ohio State vs. Michigan game was on too). But as we were leaving the tail gate one of the guys told us that someone down the road-- in mysterious green sweatpants-- was handing out free tickets. Shortie's (how I lovingly refer to my little sis) eyes lit up and I could tell she was interested, but alas, I figured the guy was long gone... as we were walking down the road towards campus though, I happened to spot the guy... lime green sweatpants and all-- chilling in his jeep. My guy--being the hero that he is--went up and asked him if he was still handing out tickets and sure enough he was. "How many do you need?" He asked... as he fished them out of a zip-lock bag. (yeah, I have to admit, this in itself was slightly suspicious... and I was a bit worried all the way until we got to the stadium and they actually let us in.. i mean, it almost felt like some cheap drug deal!) So instead of drinking hot chocolate at home, we drank it in the stands-- cheering for our guys in their last home game.
It makes me happy to see how much I have been able to teach my sister about football-- even with my own limited knowledge-- and I am continuously grateful how blessed I am to have not just one, but three amazing siblings. Should be a fun week being able to hang with them all over thanksgiving. Saturday night we had the annual Thanksgiving dinner feast at Community. I'm all good and "warmed" up for thursday now.
I had to go "rescue" the boys from ND campus after the Ohio/Michigan game, and so we made a pit-stop at Bruno's Pizza... more food... South Beach Diet what?! haha. I was one tired girl after that day.
Sunday. Got to see a friend that has moved away at church. I always love that. Also got to meet with a dear friend for coffee and a chat (well, this time it was more like just a chat.. we got so into it right away that we sort of "forgot" to order our coffee! haha... now THAT is some deep conversation!) How blessed I am to have such good friends. Thanks to all of you!
As we swing into this week of Thanksgiving I am reminded that we must remain thankful, despite what current circumstances we find ourselves--good or bad. God has blessed us with so many good things. I might try to go more into that later this week (if I can find some computer time) but for now, I am grateful for a great weekend, great friends, football teams that come through and crazy fun times.
Stay tuned--Pictures of the fun hopefully to come soon...


3 comments:
Sounds like an amazing weekend and a it was such a fun post to read! I can't wait to see you and chat with you this weekend! Happy Thanskgiving friend! I'm truly thankful for your being in my life! :) See you soon!
YAY!!! You posted again....I love it! That's crazy about the tickets! Need to track him down more often! I love that you were in such deep conversation that you didn't even order coffee...amazing! I can't wait to hang out with you, and chat it up again! See you soon!!! Love you friend!
Just had to say you are awesome!
Post a Comment