Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Colorful skies, helicopters, pirate randomess and the South Beach

Why is it that on days where you REALLY could use your camera you always seem to leave it at home?!?! Today as I was driving into work I saw the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen in my life! I guess it was the most beautiful rainbow most people have seen in awhile because everywhere I looked there were people driving with their necks all craned in awkward positions... quite a road hazard... as seen a bit later down the road in a 3 or 4 car rear-ending accident. "Um officer, I was just looking for the pot of gold!" Ha! But seriously, it amazes me how artistic God is. From the very beginning of my drive to work this morning it was like an art show... the sun gently coming up over the horizon--tipping the billowing clouds in gold.. and then the bright, resilient colors of the rainbow. wow. I could even see the faint outline of a double rainbow in there. And it wasn't just one of those dinky half rainbows, but a full-blown horizon to horizon one. *happy sigh* yeah. and no camera. go figure.

ok. and now.. there is a helicopter that just landed on our test track here at work. and again. no camera. what in the WORLD?!?! I guess they are shooting some arial shots of my business...

In other randomness.. yesterday was national "Talk like a pirate day." I really wanted to wear an eye-patch to work, but resisted. It made me happy though. I wanted to run around, drink rum and get a gold tooth... um, not really, but it was a fun thought in my head. I couldn't drink rum even if I did want it though because currently I am on the South Beach diet and that definitely would be a no-no. It's almost been a week and even though it's been difficult on this phase-one-eat-almost-nothing part, I am determined to stay on it and stick it out until stuff starts happening. I'm doing it with my boyfriend and his sister (well, his whole family almost is doing it) so that really is cool because all the extra support totally helps and keeps me motivated and on track. I also am stepping up the exercise/weight training, so that might mess me up a little on the weight thing (because we all know that supposedly muscle weighs more than fat) but that's ok. I need to work off all this desk-job fluff that's been piling on! So yeah. I will have to keep you updated.

I hope you all have a great day. Be reminded as I was today by the beautiful colors in the sky, that God always keeps His promises...

3 comments:

QueenB said...

I REALLY like that picture of Johnny ...makes me smile! Hope u are going to the cookout on Thurs!

Laura said...

Wow that is awesome! I wish I could have seen the rainbow too! It's supposed to rain here Thursday, so maybe then! We'll see! Peace Out!

Jeanna said...

I heard about the rainbow yesterday - I was sad I missed it, I coulda used a rainbow yesterday morning in the cold and dreary-ness...

You go girl with South Beach! I have thought about trying it, but have yet to actually read up on it and accomplish it :)