Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Chipotle- YAY Burrito!

Ok, so I know I'm a bit late on this, but I couldn't just NOT post about it because I've been too busy the past few days.

I discovered Chipotle last summer during my Colorado Adventure. Originating in Denver, CO, this restaurant has grown in popularity over the past few years. In Colorado it was like starbucks-- one almost on every street corner, but when I checked their website upon coming back home, I noticed that the closest one was about 2 hours away. (pretty much in any direction) what?! I emailed the company and said -"what are you thinking?! I am going to have withdrawals!" So... a few months ago when i heard that they were adding a Chipotle locally, I was ecstatic. And even more excited when I got the email below.
HA! The people at Chipotle are very punny... and funny too. Last week they celebrated their grand opening with a free burrito day.
Ok, so I'm currently doing the South Beach Diet (which, by the way, is going really well so far... I'm actually feeling really great about eating healthy) but I totally HAD to "cheat" for this one. And it was well worth it...even if I DID have to wait over an hour for it! (can't you tell by the look on my face?!)
At least there was some entertainment along the way... people diving all over the place for free t-shirts (well..with a phrase like "Usually when you roll something this good, It's Illegal." who wouldn't want one?!) ... hanging out with my guy and sister.... meeting a friend along the way (and seeing lots of other people I knew from "somewhere" in line too) yeah... it was just fun.
Chipotle. Whoever knew a burrito could be so good-- AND so bad! ha! I hope this isn't my downfall....

1 comment:

Laura said...

Free burritos are exciting, however I would be more excited if it was from Buracho Burrito...but I'll take what I can get I guess! They have a grand opening Chipotle about 30 mins from me in KS, but I don't think I'm going to attempt to get out there this Friday, and wait for a least an hour! Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your burrito! Catch you later! Oh, and I thought the first Grey's was awesome! Can't wait until tomorrow! Amazing!