Being Grateful for Community
I just want to take a quick moment to say how blessed I am to have such great friends! After graduating from college life was pretty hard. There was a big void in my life where all of my college friends had been, and I felt like I was floundering with no grounding. Then God put me in a group of people who have become my "family." People who I can laugh with, cry with, and just pretty much live every-day life with. It's great. Everyone has this deep need to belong, to feel like they matter to God and others around them. The Christian walk is not meant to be lived alone in a bubble. Even in the New Testament it says that the people met daily. I think to often now days people get so caught up in the business of life that they cut community out of their lives, and then wonder why their spiritual life seems to be lacking... empty.
Living in community with others teaches you a lot of things-- gratitude, forgiveness, patience, humbleness, how to be a better servant, how to listen to others better, how to better accept and give spiritual advice and correction, and just how to really live the walk and talk the talk. Jesus didn't live/work all alone-- but rather was surrounded by his closest friends and disciples. If we really desire to follow Him, we will do as He did. I'm so glad to be in community, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will continue to push and mold me.
Thanks to all of you!


3 comments:
Very well said! Thank you so much for your friendship! I love the picture, it reminds me of home! Miss and love you so much!
I love you too Jen!
You are such a blessing in my life...and I too feel the same way about our friends.
All this is more than friendship to me.
It goes deeper. Much deeper.
Thanks for being such an amazing friend! Love you!
Post a Comment