The "Jen" Update
so. as many of you noticed I took a week hiatus from the bloggisphere for most of the week. I missed you all, I really did, but I needed a break. It's not like I didn't want to post, because I had numerous interesting things happen this week, it's just that I was tired of the whole computer thing. This happens to me frequently because of the nature of my job. *sigh* And although I love the computer and my job where I am constantly creating, sometimes just taking the time to sit and get my thoughts out is daunting to me. I think I need to buy myself one of those dictating machines. ;-) So... here is a random list of things that I just wanted to share with you...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wednesday night my wonderful place of employment had a Bridgestone "party"/meeting... and they always have some race-car dude on-site to do autographs and such. Well, I never know any of these guys, but it is still fun anyway. This years driver was Tony Kanaan-- and he is apart of a team sponsored by 7-Eleven. He is some guy I think from Brazil. Pretty cool.
The word on the street is that he sorta looks like a Ven Disel-- that is shorter with a slightly bigger nose. Yeah, since I don't know a lick about racing all I could ask him was--"So, do you get a lot of free slushies & Big Gulps?!" HA! Yeah... dork-o-rama. But seriously, he laughed and said- yes! Guess SOMEBODY is taking a lot of extra pitstops there. (note: so, I actually found a picture with him and a big Gulp... sweet)
Craig Gross from xxxchurch is speaking in church next week and I am sooo pumped!! If you haven't already, make sure to check out their site, blog and podcast. They are both GREAT. I was doubly excited this week because when I went to the site I noticed that they were having a "spring cleaning" or something sale on their t-shirts so all of them (well, what's left anyway) are only SIX dollars!! seriously folks, that is an awesome dealio. So yeah, I bought a few... one with their site plastered on it in fun pink letters... and another one--one of my favs--that says "NoHo".. basically proclaiming to the world that I'm not going to be a hoochie. ;-) I was kinda sad though, because I really wanted a "Jesus loves Pornstars" t-shirt, but they were all out of decent sizes :-( oh well.
In other "Jen" news... this weekend is my sisters 21 birthday! woohoo!! I think I am going to take her out tomorrow night for dinner or something fun, and then we might go out and play pool or darts or something just to celebrate her 21st. I'm trying to think of something creative to do, so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to share!!
Um, and for those of you living in the area, get over to LS Ayres for some AMAZING sales through saturday! SERIOUSLY!! A lot of their clearance is 80% off AND buy one get one free!!! yeah, I was just a little excited last night when I got some hot jewelry for only $3.39 (both of them together were originally $65!) I also got a sweet green monkey track jacket.
Work is crazy right about now. I have stack-loads of projects in my inbox with no end in site. Actually, we are currently in the process of hiring another designer, so hopefully that will help things a bit. Perhaps that is another reason for my lack of blogging this week-- I get home and the LAST thing I want to do is look at the computer again... and usually I have time to blog at work on my break but not so much this week!!! OHHHH... that and they have been cracking down on us more for doing tooooooo much "extracurricular" stuff at work, so I am more cautious now... even for the fact that I need to keep being a good witness to my fellow employees.
Speaking of work... gotta get back to it, so this is going to wrap up the "Jen Update" for the week.
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY to ya all!!
Have a great weekend.


1 comment:
He really does resemble Vin Diesel...
Post a Comment