Insert Foot in Mouth
Do you know that passage in scripture... the one about being cautious when you open your big mouth?...
James 3:5-10 (The Message)
A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything--or destroy it!
It only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire. A careless or wrongly placed word out of your mouth can do that. By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke and go up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell.
This is scary: You can tame a tiger, but you can't tame a tongue--it's never been done. The tongue runs wild, a wanton killer. With our tongues we bless God our Father; with the same tongues we curse the very men and women he made in his image. Curses and blessings out of the same mouth!
Yeah, well, I think I said something without thinking about it yesterday, and now I think someone is hurt-- but won't admit it. grrrrr... I think sometimes that I should just keep my foot inpermanentlyermenantly. :p
::God... help me to watch what I say and really think before I speak. May the words that come out of my mouth be edifying to you and help kingdomyour kindom... not tare it down. I can't do this on my own. I need you.::


2 comments:
Been there lately - kinda sucks...kinda makes you want to turn back time...
I totally hear ya there JEN!! Ugh!
Post a Comment