Um.... Hello??
Where in the WORLD has this month gone?! Yes, I think I am going a little crazy this March. Sorry to disappear on you all again, but things have been a wee bit crazy the last few weeks. Mostly busy and work, but home, social and life in general has been going at a crazy pace. I tend to blog on my break at work, but over the past few weeks breaks have been few and far between, and when I DO take them, the last thing I want to do is look at the computer! I would rather rest my droopy eyes, or go outside and play (can I take a moment to mention how excited I am that Spring is FINALLY here?!)
I have been working on a huge project for Honda/Acura here at work, and while it has been a lot of fun (i got to work on print and web stuff-- which rarely happens around here) it has also been a ton of work... and long hours of designing, editing, and making sure everything goes together correctly. I must have made over 24 logos, and pulled my hair out trying to make sure I had the correct info for Honda vs. Acura (yes, both projects were the same, but slightly different. Frustrating!) Not to mention that we are zooming full speed into Spring/Summer tire promotion season. I love being the "advertising" gal. Creative is fun. I think if I didn't have these projects to work on here I would be running for the hills in a hurry.
So... I was in the midst of promotion madness... and my boss was in and out of the office during the entire month for multiple business trips-- so it made getting things done on time fun. We had to do a lot of planning ahead. Needless to say, yesterday I got the bulk of the work done, my boss left for a week of vacation, and I can finally breathe. Unfortunately, the stress level was keeping my adrenaline going at a harried pace, and now that it is gone, I realize how exhausted I am from it all. I feel like a small child that has been playing outside all day... falling asleep at the dinner table. I am ready for a vacation-- or at least a good nap! Weekends this month haven't been helping much-- as I have been traveling-- Ohio to visit friends of Andy, Marion for my sisters 22nd bday, and all sorts of other random things (a fondu St. Patrick's Day party?! Amazing!)-- and while they all have been great things in and of themselves, they aren't exactly restful. I don't have anything planned yet for this upcoming weekend, so hopefully I will be able to rest up. We shall see....
In other random news, somehow I am 4th out of 13 in the "for fun only" NCAA brackets at work. I really have no idea how that happened, but fun. So, I have been watching a game or two, but not going nuts.
Ok. I really should get back to the grind. I've been playing around with the thought of doing another design change on my blog... but we shall see.... Let's hope this is the first blog of many in the next few weeks. (but don't hold your breath please)
Happy 1st Day of Spring!!!


2 comments:
Yea! Thank you, Miss Blogger.
Its funny how you don't sometimes realize how tired you are until you finally stop and the adrenaline stops pumping..
Rest up girlie! You deserve it!!
Post a Comment