The long awaited Bday Update is HERE!
I've been 25 for over a week now, so I figured it was ABOUT TIME I posted some pictures and commentary about the momentous event.
It truly was a birthday weekend... As it was my mom's big day a few days after mine, we celebrated Sunday (Easter) by going out with the whole family, plus my guys family, to a local restaurant since mom was just too tired from their recent trip to Seattle.

Then it was back home for a little bday cake (um... yeah, Grandpa decided to make a lamb cake in honor of Easter) and some ice cream flower pots that have now become a tradition around my house.


After a lazy afternoon I was getting a little restless-- so I decided to "kidnap" the kids and my guy and go on a little self-made adventure...

..to Chuck E. Cheese!

You see, I really wanted to play one of my favorite games-- Skee-ball. I figured it was my birthday and all, so sometimes you are allowed to get away with such things.

We had a lot of great laughs.


On monday, the actual date of the grand event, my co-workers took me out to lunch, and knowing TGI Fridays does such a great job with birthdays and larger groups, I choose to go there to celebrate. They didn't disappoint, as I made it out of there with multiple balloons, and a yummy ice cream sunday. (who diets on their bday anyway?!)

It almost didn't happen... because suddenly as we left the sky opened up and it started pouring... SNOW! But fortunately, I work at a tire company, and we have some pretty wicked snow tires.

That evening, my wonderful, amazing boyfriend took me out for a mexican treat to our local Don Pablos. For those of you who are local-- if you ever need to take someone out on their bdays where they will royally embarrass them, this is the place!
Andy told me-- "Sorry babe, they don't do anything for bdays here" and suddenly the next thing I knew I was wisked away, "forced" to wear a GIANT red sombrero, and was standing smack in the middle of the restaurant so everyone could stare at me. I think my face was the color of my sombrero by the end of it all. Amazing.

But the pay-off was well worth it-- warm, yummy, sopapillas-- dipped in powdered sugar and honey. YUM!

What a great day, and a great evening. Man, was I ever stuffed. I think And had to roll me home. I've got a great boyfriend.

Thank you for all the well, wishes on my special day. I am so grateful for the out pouring of friendship and appreciation. I'm looking forward to an amazing next year of life.
O to be 25. No longer apart of that 18-24 year-old crowd. Now able to rent cars with ease, and think it's such a feat that you are a quarter of a century old. No longer just the number of a hit television show, but now closer to 30 than your teenage years. I don't really feel "old" yet... but maybe a bit more mature... like maybe, just maybe, I am an adult now. When did that happen?


1 comment:
what great pictures! what a great celebration!!
Post a Comment